I am so thrilled to share my review of Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50 PA ++++. My go to sunscreen, is VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Face Cover 45.
It’s a broad spectrum hypoallergenic sunscreen with a semi matte finish suitable for oily skin. It’s very hydrating and light on the skin. It has a little bit of sticky feel to it, and leaves a white cast on the face, a light dusting of loose powder over it will solve this. I would say I am happy with my Armada. It’s dependable, I use it everyday, it didn’t break me out. I bring it with me to the beach, it didn’t burn my skin. But, something as good as Armada, has a price tag to it, it is a bit pricey, an 85 g (3.0z) squeeze tube of Armada Face Cover 45 costs about 1,780 php. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very good sunscreen, it’s broad spectrum and protects from both UVA and UVB rays (Ratio = 0.84: 0.16). Not only does it protects against skin burning, it also protects against darkening, premature skin aging and skin cancer.
Armada boasts of being the only sunscreen product that comprehensively screens out UVA, UVB, Infrared, Visible light from the sun as well as indoor light (fluorescent lights) and other heat sources (heat emitted from the oven or cooking stove). It also boasts being the only product that’s scientifically validated as hypoallergenic as reflected in empirical, double blind clinical studies. Impressive isn’t it? That’s why it’s so pricey!
But my Armada is about to run out and I’m on a tight budget lately, so I’m on a look out to finding an equally good sunscreen as an alternative. And I think my Armada has just found its rival in Japan’s number 1 sunscreen, Biore!
Biore UV Perfect Facemilk SPF 50 PA ++++
It comes in a 30 ml shake bottle. It’s SPF 50 so it has very good sun protection. It also has PA ++++. You get superior protection from both UVA & UVB.
Here’s a little bit of information about UVB and UVA. UVB causes skin burning, a sunscreen with UVB protection prevents skin from getting burned, but it doesn’t protect against radiation, which causes premature skin aging (age spots and wrinkles) and skin darkening (melasma) so other than SPF, look for sunscreens with PA markings on them. A good sunscreen should protect you from both UVA and UVB. Both UVA and UVB causes skin cancer.
Here’s a little bit of information about PA. PA is a system of measuring the amount of protection from UVA. So it’s important to look not only for PA marking on your sunscreen, but also the plus signs next to it. The greater the plus sign, the higher the sun protection. Biore has one of the highest PA markings on the market, PA++++ (that’s 4 pluses). PA ++++ is the highest grade of protection from radiation caused by UVA. PA++++ offers 16 hours of protection from the sun as measured by PPD (persistent pigment darkening)
What I like about Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF50 PA++++:
1. Maximum protection against sunburn, skin darkening, premature skin aging and skin cancer.
2. It’s consistency. It’s very liquidy, so it’s very light on the face. It’s not sticky, (even in summer) it spreads evenly on the face and dries to a silky matte, powdery finish, making it easy to apply your makeup on top of it.
Give it a good shake and apply using your finger tips. I like that the 30 ml bottle has a small spout, so you can squeeze the bottle and control the amount of product you use.
3. It’s suitable for oily and acne prone skin. It controls oil and doesn’t break me out. It has a mattifying effect, which is nice and rare for a sunscreen.
4. It is fragrance free, suitable for sentive skin.
5. Its waterproof and sweat proof formula.
6. The price. 30 ml bottle costs about 380 php. Even if I purchase 4 bottles equal to 120 ml total, (380 X 4 = 1,520 php) the price wouldn’t be as high as my Armada (1,780 php) although it’s close. Guys Biore is not cheap, so if you expect it to be cheap, sorry to say that it is not!
What I don’t like about it:
1. The size. It only comes in 30 ml bottle. I wish they come in bigger sizes. The reason for small size is because this product is meant specifically for the face. (I have yet to try the Biore sunscreen for the body.)
2. Its availability. It’s imported from Japan, so the product may not be available all year round. (Better stock up on this one before they ran out!)
3. It does leave a tiny bit of white cast on my face, but it is not noticeable on me because I have fair skin. If you have dark skin, it will be more noticeable on you.
4. It’s not paraben free. Some people may be sensitive to paraben, so guys it’s not paraben free. I looked at the ingredients and methylparaben is listed.
5. It’s not hypoallergenic. You may be sensitive to one of the ingredients so always check the ingredients before buying.
Overall rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
It’s rare to find a sunscreen product as good and as affordable as this one. I love it! I can’t say enough of good things about it. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Both VMV Armada and Biore UV Perfect Face Milk are very good sunscreens. I love them both. Both have their pros and cons. I really can’t complain about Armada being slightly sticky because I rarely wear makeup. I just put power over it and I’m fine. But there are days when I want to wear just a little makeup to cover up blemishes and applying foundation over it can be a little tricky, may be I’m just not an expert in makeup application.
I love Armada but I can’t deny that I absolutely like the mattifying effect and the silky matte, powdery finish of Biore. If only VMV can come up with a silky matte sunscreen formula similar to Biore I’ll be hooked for life! If only Biore can make their sunscreen product hypoallergenic and paraben free, I’ll be hooked for life!
I’d like to emphasize that both of these products are of high quality. These two sunscreen have their pros and cons, so it’s really just a matter of preference which one you think is more suitable for your needs. If you’re sensitive to parabens and you’re looking light, for broad spectrum hypoallergenic sunscreen, then VMV is may be right sunscreen for you. If you’re looking for light, oil free, mattifying sunscreen and don’t mind parabens and you’re not allergic to certain ingredients then Biore may be the right sunscreen for you.